Apples Apples and more Apples

As we are celebrating "Christmas In July" I wanted to share one of my favorite go to that can be enjoyed in the summer, fall and winter and that is the apple (Granny Smith, Golden, Jonathan, McIntosh, etc). Not just an apple but how you dress up your apple.

Candy, Caramel or Chocolate Apple that can be topped with the same ingredients.

What I enjoyed in the Summer: Candy Apple

Candy recipe:
• 1/2 c (120mL) light corn syrup
• 2 c (480 mL) sugar.
• 3/4c (180 mL) water
• Food coloring (opt.) - red is traditional, but any color works!
(read full recipe)

What I enjoyed in the Fall: Salted Caramel Apple

Salted Caramel recipe:
• 2 cups granulated sugar
• 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into pieces
• 1 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
• 1 tablespoon sea salt
(read full recipe)

What I enjoyed in the Winter: Chocolate Apple

Chocolate recipe:
• 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips, or white chocolate
• 2 tbsp shortening
• Combine the chocolate and the shortening in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 45 seconds.
• Chill apples in refrigerator until completely set, about 45 minutes.
(read full recipe)

Sometimes when I don't feel like making my own yumminess, I will take visit s Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory store for their delicious caramel apples with notes or hop on line a make a purchase at Mrs. Prindables Gourmet Caramel Apples.

Invite some friends over, have family time with the kids and try one of these fabulous recipes this Fall and Holiday season.