Monday, July 8, 2013

Makeover Monday - Mom to the rescue

Last Christmas, I get a call from my mom asking if I would take a look a flyer her niece, my cousin, had created for her lingerie company and if I could help in anyway. OMG! OMG! OMG! This flyer ranks up in the top 10 worst flyers I have every seen....and my cousin paid someone to create this ugly thing.


The idea for this flyer was to reach military wives................................

A lot of conversations later, the final idea was to promote the Holiday Collection, the material had to be elegant and meet the budget. Here's what we came up with: front/back postcard, e-marketing, facebook cover.
photo credit: www.docblack.co.uk

To help with the printing budget, I created a 1/2 horizontal page flyer (no bleed), full color front, black and white back. Now Tanielle Lingerie can print 2 up on a single 8.5x11 page rather than one  8.5x11 page. Printing black and white on the back will save in print cost. And we addressed honoring our service men and women by providing a discount.

Next, I suggested Tanielle Lingerie begin utilizing their email listing, they had a email service but never utilized it. Instead sending out mailers, Tanielle Lingerie can print a certain amount of flyers to be used at home shows and give to new clients, and the e-marketing can reach current and former clients, also the static image can be used as a splash page on their site; again saving money.


Finally, I created a Facebook cover banner for their facebook page. Another way to advertise and cut down on printing costs. All in all, it turned out to be a great campaign.