I ♥ Planning: Staying On Track

I love planning banner with 3 different 2015 planners
I may or may not have a small obsession with planners....and stationery...... If you've been following me on instagram, then you know I been using the entire month of January to organize my home office and craft nook area. It has been a task; donating items that I do not use, has giving me a lot more space to work in. 

I've used planners since college, over 20 years now.  My first planner was a Day One planner my aunt got for me at PACE warehouse club. Remember Pace? It was the warehouse store before Sam's.
 
Now that we are settling into the new year, I wanted to share how I stay on track with design projects, art projects and social media content. Last year I used two planners, this year, I'm using three planners. Now, the purpose of keeping a planner has a million reasons, I use mine for art/craft projects, monthly editorial content and daily tasks.
What I also wanted to share with you, is my idea notebook. Every creative idea goes into this notebook. It's where I brainstorm, and write out the ideas, plan them and schedule which month the ideas will be implemented. This notebook I personalized from Zazzle and next month I will be ordering another notebook just for onejdesigns.com because this one is getting full.
Zazzle 30 days of maker giveaway banner
Zazzle is currently hosting the "30 Days of Maker Giveaways" Sweepstakes! Each day, Zazzle will be featuring a Maker and giving away their product to 1 lucky winner. Every daily entry also counts as an entry for the Grand Prize…a $1,000 USD Zazzle shopping spree! 
Zazzle large perxonalized notebook inside front cover
dollar tree notebook divider tabs and office max calender divider 
The first dividers hold my business section, blogs section and art section, they are from Dollar Tree. The second dividers are the monthly calender dividers which are from Office Max.Why a notebook? Writing ideas down helps in the content development process.
art and craft planner with designer stick pads, stick-ab-bilites faith sticker and 2 pencils
1. Art & Craft 18 month planner from Walmart:
I use this planner to schedule due dates for projects, art shows and art projects.
If I have a campaign coming up for justnoami or the true colors collection, this planner helps me to stay on task until the campaign launch. Each week there is something to be done in order to move to the next step in the project, this eliminates last minute stress and gives me room to make changes if necessary.
Looking at my calender for the year, I needed to stock up on note cards to send after each event. These cuties I found at Target's dollar spot.
2. Daily Task 12 month planner from Target:
Every morning (at least Monday - Friday) I list everything I need to get down for the day. Most of the tasks in this planner is design related. Freelance / Contract work it is critical to manage your work load, daily.
My list is by priority. Most important first, them the least important last. Whatever does not get done on one day gets moved to the next.
3. 12 Month Planner from Walmart:
The monthly planner I started this year to keep my social media, email, blog content separated from the other to do lists. The monthly agenda is what will posted on a weekly basis. The great thing about this planner, is that I can add campaigns months in advance.
I do color code my agenda, to help me remember which content is going where. Working with different marketing channels, the color coding helps me to balance out the blog post and social media content to match the email strategy.
We recently got a Vera Bradley shop at the Castle Rock Outlets. Just before Christmas they were having a 50% and 70% off sale. This stationery above is from their Back-To-School line (70% off). I love the pencil/pen set. The pencils is one my favorite Vera Bradley patterns.
onejdesigns backpack from Zazzle
Finally, on a casual weekend, I will pack up my agenda in backpack and plan out my week on a Sunday evening. I hope this inspires you to keep an agenda or planner that help you stay on track for your 2015 goals and life goals.
Google Calender
Additional Calender: Google Calender
I use Google calender for collab, free-lance, contract work to schedule email, social media and blog campaigns.
Google calender task list
Google calenders allows you to share a calender publicly or a team: you can create a list of tasks and set either text or email alerts. So, if you have a project due in Feb 2nd. You are able to set a due for yourself for months, weeks, days or hours prior to due date. You can do the same with appointments. I like this feature when using my smart phone.

To accessories your planner shop ETSY.