Tuesday, February 17, 2015

$5 Craft Challenge • Winter Edition

Laser cut frame and word create with red velver scrapbook paper from Michaels
 I found all of my items at Michaels. These laser cut wood are beautiful.
Laser cut frame: original $2.99 on sale $1.50
Laser cut Word: original $1.99 on sale $1.00
Specialty Scrapbook paper: original $1.99 on sale $1.00
Total $3.50
These are items I already had, there was no need to purchase anything new.
I did prime the wood cuts with white paint (3 coats).
I measured out the inside of the frame, then drew out the
dimensions on the back of the velvet scrapbook paper.  
I use the craftsmart paint pens from Michaels to touch up and brighten the colors.
I used Elmer's glue to mount the scrapbook paper and
hot glue to glue onto the frame.
Final $5 winter craft challenge frame upclose
Here's the final project.
Final $5 winter craft challenge frame Create Art frame
View $5 Challenge  •  Fall Edition 2014