1. Volunteer in the community
With the holidays fast approaching, there are many places to spread some love and cheer.
Search your area for nonprofits/churches that could use your help and ask friends/coworkers if they would like to get involved.
2. Support thrift stores, small businesses or attend a holiday craft show.
Shop small, Shop local. Looking for something unique? Craft shows do not disappoint and you are supporting home businesses or fund raising opportunities. Small business day is Saturday, November 25th. There are great finds at thrift stores that you won't find at department stores.
3. Need to get into the Holiday Spirit? Go to a holiday event.Holidays are the perfect time to spend time with family, friends and even coworkers.
From holidays concerts to holiday lighting ceramony's, the holiday spirit is all around.
4. Have a Thanksgiving Potluck
Have everyone bring in their favorite dish and break bread with your friends or co-workers.
5. Send a card instead of a text message for the holidays.
Family, Friends, Colleagues feel special when take the time to send a card you picked out just for them.