It's Mom's Top 10 Must Have Christmas Essentials1. Holiday Fund: Open a Christmas fund at your local credit union. Opening a Christmas Fund can be done with the entire family putting away a certain amount each month and when the Holidays come, you have the funding you need. Plan a budget, use cash and stick to it.
2. Christmas Tree: No, you don't have to have a large Christmas tree, we had a table top tree until my brother and I were in high school.
3. Food: Not too many things in life are better than good food and fellowship. All people come together around food which makes for great fellowship.
4. Family and/or Friends: spend holidays with family & friends is so important to strengthen your relationships. Maybe you can't spend time with family or friends, but you can give of your time and volunteer.
5. Indoor/Outdoor lights: Lights just help make things festive. (optional)
6. Great Christmas Desserts Recipes: Break out the cookbooks and make something! Have kids? Make it family time in the kitchen.
7. Scented Candles: Can create a warm holiday retreat for yourself or for entertaining friends.
8. Christmas Music: Usually right after Halloween, certain radio stations will begin playing Christmas music, turn the radio up and enjoy.
9. Love: Being a giver. The holidays are the perfect time to give, and show love towards others. You can donate financial, donate food, presents or time to many local organizations.
10: Christmas Pajamas: Is a tradition in our house. New pajamas are given out every Christmas Eve.
Check out our Pinterest board #DressedInHolidayStyle for ideas and inspiration.